Our job is to help you navigate the knowns and unknowns of operating globally. We give you choices, keep you compliant, and are with you every step of the way whether taking your first step overseas or managing a growing enterprise.
Our professionals are a mix of HR, Legal, Tax, Accounting, Payroll, Compliance and Staffing specialists – we leverage their skills at the appropriate time to give you coordinated services delivered via a single point of contact. This holistic approach gives you access to the right skills and resources when and where you need them.
We understand your objectives in the new country and provide guidance and services on:
- Creating the optimal legal structure that balances risks and cost
- Hiring, managing and paying employees in compliance with local laws
- Ongoing compliance and day-to-day management of foreign offices
- Direct and indirect taxes
- Consolidated reporting of your global operations
With a global footprint, we can keep you compliant and operating smoothly almost anywhere you choose to operate.
Legal Entity Setup
Too often, businesses piece together legal entities in a vacuum — creating a structure that is inefficient and costly to maintain. Your legal entity structure has a strong impact on the finance, accounting, information technology (IT), supply chain functions.
For example, your legal entity structure influences the number of company codes incorporated in your enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Changing your legal entity structure could delay IT integration. Acquiring customs or business license bonds, import of equipment into a country are other common examples where the legal structure is important.
We help you understand the challenges, risks, and misconceptions related to establishing a legal entity structure and help you create a structure that is tax efficient and aligns with your business goals. Our expertise spans:
Registration and Treasury
HR Onboarding and Advisory
|Limited Liability Company||Share Capital||Corporate Tax Registration||Offer Letters, Contracts|
|Branch||Notarization of Documents||Indirect Tax Registration||Employee Handbooks|
|Representative Office||Company Name||Payroll Tax Registration||Compensation and Benefits|
|Non Resident Employer||Resident Directors||Bank Account Setup||Implementation and Administration|
|Registered Offices||Statutory Benefits and Registration||Equity Planning, Stock Options|
|Activities of the Entity||Data Protection Registration||Employee Onboarding and Transition|
We guide you on the requirements and protections needed for your Resident Directors. If required, senior Global Upside employees can also act as your Resident Directors.
Most countries impose personal liabilities on a company’s local or Resident Directors. These are typically for:
- Unpaid withholdings on employees’ payroll
- Noncompliance with social security payment requirements, employee pension schemes
- VAT or sales taxes debts
- Other company debts
We guide you on drafting Company Bylaws to avail maximum protections allowed by local laws and work with relevant insurance companies for obtaining the optimal Directors and Officers Insurance for your circumstances.
In several countries, proving that the Director carried out due diligence before an action was made is an acceptable defense in case of a dispute. We guide and assist you in creating guidelines, processes and documentation to prove that the company works with proper controls and procedures in place.
Managing tax compliance is complex especially when dealing with multiple jurisdictions where keeping track of changing laws, deadlines and requirements can often require a small army of specialists.
At Global Upside, we have the scale and expertise to help multinational companies understand the intricacies of global tax matters. Our centralized compliance processes and integrated services give you enhanced visibility and control and enables better tax risk management.
Our expertise spans:
- Tax strategy health check
- Corporate tax (preparation and filing)
- Withholding taxes
- Indirect Taxes (Valued Added Tax (VAT)/Goods and Services Tax (GST)/Sales and Use Tax, Etc.)
- VAT Refunds
- Entity structures and advice, managing permanent establishment risk
- Obtaining registrations
- Filing periodic returns (VAT, intrastat, EU of services)
- Transfer pricing compliance
- Legal secretarial services
Our expertise spans:
- Giving you visibility into the regulatory landscape and filing requirements within each of your locations worldwide, including deadlines
- Creating global compliance and reporting processes that are integrated across finance and tax, and managed under a clear and centralized governance model
- Strike a balance between risk mitigation and capitalizing on opportunities creating the right value for the business
- Delivering statutory reporting services
- Full accounting support to assist the internal finance functions, including:
- Group-to-local GAAP conversion
- Assistance with period close, trial balance compilation, reconciliations, and data gathering and analysis
- Compliance advisory services for complexities as they arise
- Annual Company Law compliance